Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Bright Shiny Day

2012 is off to an amazing start. I decided the perfect way to start my year to shine was to polish and overhaul areas of my living that are not quite shiny. Today I made progress in the following areas:
  • I re-organized my kitchen. I created a new organization system that I like much better and now all of my items have a place to call home.
  • I got rid of all the gluten containing items in my house. I put all of the unopened items in a reusable bag to donate to the local food bank and gave the rest to my gluten eating friends.
  • I set up my Tassimo. Now I can have coffee and/or hot chocolate and/or chai tea lattes with in minutes.
  • I baked gluten free cornbread and made a gluten free vegan lasagna. I was beyond thrilled this weekend to find gluten free lasagna noodles that are oven ready. Colour me over the moon.
  • I perfected my shamrock green smoothie recipe. It was inspired by the Fresh Restaurant Shamrock drink. But it has added protein powder and no banana.
  • I made my first batch of overnight oats in more than six months. I kind of want to peek and see how they are doing but I will just wait and be surprised tomorrow morning.
  • I started counting whenever a negative thought came up
  • I watched Breakfast at Tiffany's
Today has been amazing and I am looking forward to many more days like it this year. How was your first day of the new year?

1 comments:

Sarah Von Bargen said...

That *is* an awesome start to the year! I jumped into a frozen lake, made eggplant Parmesan and watched The Godfather!

Post a Comment